In entertainment news this week we discuss the Super Bowl ads for Disney+. Warcraft III: Reforged is taking some big lumps and Blizzard fans are angry. EA released their quarterly earnings and it is apparent that micro-transactions and online sales are here to stay. In tech news we debate on the security flaws of Ring and other internet of things devices. We give the details surrounding several arrests connected with Chinese espionage and theft.
If you wish to share your opinions with the community you can always leave a message at 815-905-1414.
We ask that you support the show in any way possible. You can like, share, rate or comment on any of the various social media and podcast players. Join the conversation in our closed Facebook group at thenerdcantina.com/community, or become a patron on our Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thenerdcantina) where a pledge of as little as $1 will get you a free sticker.
Visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXYWzoYKvoZopZLX8YA0Bg
Links to topics discussed:
- Disney+ Superbowl ad
- Jason Mamoa Superbowl ad
- Multiverse of Madness will feature different versions of MCU heroes
- World of Warcraft 3 was not ready for release
- EA earnings call
- Ring doorbell gives data to other tech firms
- Amazon engineer states that ring should be shut down immediately
- CNN: Anger over the Wuhan virus is sparking pushback against censorship in China. It won't last..
- CNN: Tesla posts first annual profit.
- Harvard professor and Chinese nationals are charged with China related crimes
- Quartz: Raytheon engineer arrested for taking US missile defense secrets to China.
- Power your home with cycling 60 minutes a day