In entertainment news this week we recap the Oscars. Steve and Sean got many predictions correct but there were plenty of big surprises too. Steve also discusses why he is not a fan of Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey. In our tech news we discuss Elon musk tweeting out to delete Facebook and how he is recruiting drop-outs to work for him at Tesla. Tesla also hits the news this week when they deleted upgrades to a car after it was sold to a new owner. In space talk, SpaceX is considering separating Starlink and making Starlink a publicly traded company. There was a super massive galaxy that just went dark and Voyager 2 comes back online after some technical difficulties.
If you wish to share your opinions with the community you can always leave a message at 815-905-1414.
We ask that you support the show in any way possible. You can like, share, rate or comment on any of the various social media and podcast players. Join the conversation in our closed Facebook group at thenerdcantina.com/community, or become a patron on our Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thenerdcantina) where a pledge of as little as $1 will get you a free sticker.
Visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXYWzoYKvoZopZLX8YA0Bg
Links to topics discussed:
- Elon Musk is recruiting drop-outs
- Bloomberg: Musk's SpaceX Plans a Spinoff, IPO for Starlink Business.
- Tesla remotely uninstalls auto-pilot features after a used car sale
- Elon Musk tweets #deletefacebook
- Gizmodo: CEO of Creepy Face Recognition Firm Clearview AI Says He Has First Amendment Right to Billions of Photos.
- CBS News: Clearview AI: Google, YouTube Venmo and LinkedIn send cease-and-desist letter to facial recognition app.
- Scientist are confused after a super galaxy goes dark
- Voyager comes back online