In entertainment news this week we discuss the Golden Globes awards, Marvel’s first transgender superhero, and Disney+ news. We also cover the recent tech news concerning the California Privacy Act and copyright laws protecting medical devices. At the end of the episode we discuss how the recent attacks in Iran may result in significant cyber attacks retention.
If you wish to share your opinions with the community you can always leave a message at 815-905-1414.
We ask that you support the show in any way possible. You can like, share, rate or comment on any of the various social media and podcast players. Join the conversation in our closed Facebook group at thenerdcantina.com/community, or become a patron on our Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thenerdcantina) where a pledge of as little as $1 will get you a free sticker.
Visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXYWzoYKvoZopZLX8YA0Bg
Links to topics discussed:
- Dr. Lupo raises more than $2.3million for St Judes
- Kevin Fiege teases the first trans superhero in Marvel
- Wanda vision moved up to 2020
- Disney plus is losing its own movies and shows
- Playing video games with your daughter may be good for her health
- California Privacy Act took effect on January 1st
- Abbot labs owns diabetic glucose readings
- The current conflict with Iran causes warnings of cyber attacks against businesses and infrastructure