In entertainment news this week we discuss the production delays of the Disney+ show Kenobi. Ken gives his thoughts on the YouTube TV documentary the Age of AI. All nerds should rejoice at the news of a Mario themed park coming to Orlando and California. Google Stadia continues to disappoint the gaming community. We provide details on the story of Jeff Bezos getting hacked by the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. Coronavirus has been all over the news this week and we discuss how AI and other tech has been used to assist in detection as well as the suppression of information. London police has adopted the use of cameras and facial recognition and we discuss the dangers to our privacy and liberties posed by this tech.
If you wish to share your opinions with the community you can always leave a message at 815-905-1414.
We ask that you support the show in any way possible. You can like, share, rate or comment on any of the various social media and podcast players. Join the conversation in our closed Facebook group at thenerdcantina.com/community, or become a patron on our Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thenerdcantina) where a pledge of as little as $1 will get you a free sticker.
Visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXYWzoYKvoZopZLX8YA0Bg
Links to topics discussed:
- Kenobi filming is delayed
- Robert Downey Jr documentary on AI is great
- Super Mario World
- Business Insider: Google Stadia's early adopters are losing patience with Google.
- Forexlive: Saudi crown prince himself hacked Jeff Bezos' phone.
- China initially blocks information on Coronavirus
- Coronavirus early warning provided through the use of AI
- London begins using facial recognition
- Space force Unveils its new logo