This week we dedicate this show to the memory of our close friend Stu. He was a great man and a truly exceptional nerd. We ask that if you please consider donating to his wife and three kids that he unfortunately left far too early.
In entertainment news this week we discuss news surrounding many of the biggest streaming services. Netflix continues to spend big money on content, more details have emerged concerning the Peacock service. Amazon releases the cast of the Lord of the Rings show, and Disney+ has another setback. In tech news we cover the latest in space talk. Space X tested a new safety feature by exploding one of their rockets, Elon plans to put 1 million people on Mars, and the Space Force unveils their new uniforms.
If you wish to share your opinions with the community you can always leave a message at 815-905-1414.
We ask that you support the show in any way possible. You can like, share, rate or comment on any of the various social media and podcast players. Join the conversation in our closed Facebook group at thenerdcantina.com/community, or become a patron on our Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/thenerdcantina) where a pledge of as little as $1 will get you a free sticker.
Visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXYWzoYKvoZopZLX8YA0Bg
Links to topics discussed:
- Lord of the Rings cast is announced
- No Watchmen Season 2
- NBC Peacock service
- NBC reveals some numbers on the economics of streaming
- Netflix is spending more money than ever on content
- Mindhunter Season 3 Cancelled
- Disney Kills the Fox name
- Falcon and Winter Soldier has a filming setback
- Russia accuses China of stealing intellectual property
- Self Healing Robot cells
- Space X intentionally blows up a rocket for a safety test
- Successful test
- Elon’s big plans for colonizing Mars
- Space Force gets trolled about their new uniforms
- Face recognition used by law enforcement